Universal Studios wants to give you something more to feast on this year, other than butter beer and oversized sprinkled donuts. In fact, there’s a new report that suggests Universal Studios Orlando might be looking to bring a new food festival to its theme park this summer. Here’s what you need to know.
A New Food Festival Is Coming To Universal Studios
It seems like Universal wants to give its good neighbor Walt Disney World a good run for their money (quite literally) by giving guests a food festival that might rival that at Epcot’s International Food Fest each year. But instead of hitting one country after another at Epcot, Universal wants to have more of a summer evening vibe with food trucks and pop up tents.
Apparently, Universal wants to put on a new festival in order to balance out the park crowds. Here are some of the items that you can expect throughout the park:
- Beef Empanadas – $12.99 – picadillo beef-filled pastries, cucumber, and tomato salad
- Bud Light – $8.50
- Cigar City Jai Alai – $8.50 – an IPA beer
- Cream of Tomato Soup – $5.99 – side dish
- Corona Extra – $9.00
- Dogfish Head Seaquench – $10.00 – sour ale
- Elotes Asados –
- Fruit Cups – watermelon and pineapple
- Lumpiang Shanghai
- Mango White Claw – $9.00
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese – $5.99-$11.99 – your choice of White Cheddar, Carnitas, or (as a side) White Cheddar
- Melts – $9.99-$11.99 – your choice of flavors melted together on a French load: 3-Cheese Classic, Smoky Brisket, Vegan
- Pork Adobo
- Pressed Cuban Sandwich – $14.99 – roast pork, Serrano ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles on Cuban bread
- Yucca Frita
(Thanks to Orlando Informer for the menu preview.)
While Universal Studios is yet to make any official announcements, it’s certainly gotten guests and summer travelers excited for their upcoming trips to the park. So far no start date has been announced (nor has a name for the festival been announced either) but we will update you with all of the latest details as they come in.
Tell us, are you planning a trip to the theme parks this summer? And if so, which one? Let us know in our comments section below. And as always, don’t forget to check back with The Go To Family for all of the latest news and updates on Covid-19 related-travel.