Going on vacation is always an exciting adventure, but it can be stressful if you’re not properly equipped. With the help of technology, you can have a more comfortable and convenient trip. Here’s a guide to the best travel gadgets to bring on your next vacation:
A portable charger is a must-have gadget for any traveler. It ensures that your phone, tablet, or laptop stays charged, and you can use it even when moving.
Look for a high-capacity portable charger that can charge your devices multiple times. Some portable chargers even come with built-in cables, so you don’t have to worry about carrying extra cords.
Here are two popular options to consider when selecting the best portable charger for travel:
- The Anker PowerCore+ 26800: The PowerCore+ 26800 has a capacity of 26,800mAh, which means it can charge most smartphones up to 7 times and tablets up to 2 times before needing to be recharged. This makes it ideal for long trips where you may not have access to a power source. The PowerCore+ 26800 has three USB ports to charge up to three devices simultaneously. It also has a USB-C port, which can charge compatible devices or recharge the PowerCore+ 26800.
- The mophie Powerstation XXL Power Bank has a capacity of 20,000mAh, which means it can charge most smartphones up to 8 times and tablets up to 2 times before recharging. The Powerstation XXL has three USB ports to charge up to three devices simultaneously. It also has a USB-C port, which can charge compatible devices or recharge the Powerstation XXL itself. Despite its high capacity, the Powerstation XXL is still relatively portable. It measures 6.69 x 3.54 x 0.91 inches and weighs only 1.25 pounds, making it easy to carry in a backpack or purse.
When selecting a portable charger for travel, it’s important to consider the capacity, size, weight, and charging speed. You should also ensure that the portable charger is compatible with your devices and has safety features to prevent overcharging or overheating. With a reliable portable charger, you can keep your devices charged and ready to use, no matter where your travels take you.
Noise-canceling headphones are a game-changer when it comes to traveling. They can block out the noise of the plane, train, or bus and provide a more peaceful environment for you to relax or work.
Look for headphones with good battery life, comfortable ear cushions, and effective noise-canceling technology.
Here are three popular options to consider:
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II: The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is a popular choice for travelers due to its superior noise-canceling technology, comfortable design, and long battery life. It features three levels of noise cancellation and a built-in Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa for voice control. It also has a compact design that folds flat for easy storage in a carry-on bag.
- Sony WH-1000XM5: These headphones are a top-of-the-line noise-canceling headphone option for travelers. The WH-1000XM5 headphones use advanced noise-canceling technology to block out ambient noise, making them great for use on airplanes or in noisy environments. They also have an ambient sound mode that lets you hear important announcements or conversations without having to take off the headphones. The headphones deliver excellent sound quality with rich bass and clear highs. They also have support for high-resolution audio formats, making them a great option for audiophiles. The WH-1000XM5 headphones also have a battery life of up to 30 hours, which means you can use them for multiple flights or long days of sightseeing without recharging them.
- Apple AirPods Pro: If you’re looking for wireless earbuds, the Apple AirPods Pro is a great option for travelers. It features active noise cancellation technology that blocks out external noise and has a transparency mode that lets you hear your surroundings when needed. It also has a comfortable in-ear design and a compact charging case that fits easily in a pocket or carry-on bag.
Regardless of which noise-canceling headphones you choose, testing them out before your trip to ensure they’re comfortable and work well with your devices is important.
Additionally, bringing a backup pair of headphones or earbuds is always a good idea, just in case your primary pair malfunctions or runs out of battery during your travels.
A travel adapter is essential if you’re traveling to a different country. It allows you to use your electronic devices without worrying about the different plugs and sockets used in other countries. Look for a compact travel adapter with multiple plug types and USB ports.
Several types of travel adapters are available on the market, each designed to fit different outlet types found in various countries. Here are the most common types of travel adapters:
- Type A Travel Adapters Type A adapters are designed for use in North and Central America, the Caribbean, and some parts of Asia. They have two flat prongs and are used with devices that operate on 100-127 volts.
- Type B Travel Adapters Type B adapters are also designed for use in North and Central America, the Caribbean, and some parts of Asia. They have two flat prongs and a grounding pin, which is usually round. They’re used with devices that require a grounding connection and operate on 100-127 volts.
- Type C Travel Adapters Type C adapters are designed for use in most of Europe, Asia, and Africa. They have two round prongs and are used with devices that operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type D Travel Adapters Type D adapters are designed for use in India and other parts of South Asia. They have three round prongs in a triangular configuration and are used with devices that operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type E Travel Adapters Type E adapters are designed for use in France, Belgium, Poland, and some other parts of Europe. They have two round prongs and a grounding pin, which is usually round. They’re used with devices that require a grounding connection and operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type F Travel Adapters Type F adapters are designed for use in most of Europe, including Germany, Spain, and Portugal. They have two round prongs and a grounding pin, which is usually round. They’re used with devices that require a grounding connection and operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type G Travel Adapters Type G adapters are designed for use in the UK, Ireland, and some parts of Africa and Asia. They have three rectangular prongs and are used with devices that operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type H Travel Adapters Type H adapters are designed for use in Israel. They have three flat prongs in a triangular configuration and are used with devices that operate on 220-240 volts.
- Type I Travel Adapters Type I adapters are designed for use in Australia, New Zealand, and some parts of Asia and the Pacific. They have two flat angled prongs and a grounding pin, which is usually slanted. They’re used with devices that require a grounding connection and operate on 220-240 volts.
Choosing the right travel adapter is essential based on the country you’re visiting and the devices you plan to bring with you.
Make sure to research the type of outlets used in your destination country and the voltage standard to ensure you select the correct adapter.
Waterproof phone case
A waterproof phone case is a great investment if you plan to do water activities like swimming, snorkeling, or kayaking.
It allows you to take pictures and videos without worrying about damaging your phone. Look for a case compatible with your phone model and with high waterproof protection.
An e-reader is a convenient gadget for avid readers who don’t want to carry heavy books while traveling. It allows you to carry hundreds of books in a single device, saving you space and weight in your luggage.
Look for an e-reader with a long battery life and a high-resolution display.
Here is our favorite e-reader for travel:
- Kindle Paperwhite: The Kindle Paperwhite is a popular choice for travelers due to its lightweight design, long battery life, and glare-free display. It features a high-resolution display that simulates the look of printed paper and has a built-in adjustable light that allows you to read comfortably in any lighting condition. The battery life lasts for weeks and is waterproof, making it a great option for beach or poolside reading.
Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
A portable Wi-Fi hotspot is a useful gadget if you need to stay connected while traveling.
It allows you to create your own Wi-Fi network and connect your devices to the internet. Look for a portable Wi-Fi hotspot with long battery life, fast data speeds, and reliable coverage.
A luggage tracker is a gadget that can give you peace of mind when traveling. It allows you to track the location of your luggage in real time and receive notifications if it gets lost or stolen.
Look for a luggage tracker with long battery life, accurate GPS tracking, and a durable design.
Here are some popular options to consider when selecting the best luggage tracker for travel:
- Tile Pro: The Tile Pro is a popular luggage tracker that uses Bluetooth technology to help you locate your luggage quickly and easily. It’s small and lightweight, making it easy to attach to your luggage, and has a range of up to 400 feet. The Tile Pro also features a loud ringtone that can be activated through the Tile app, so you can locate your luggage even if it’s out of sight.
- Apple AirTag: The AirTag is a small, circular device that measures 1.26 inches in diameter and 0.31 inches in thickness. It is lightweight and can easily fit in your pocket or be attached to your belongings. The AirTag uses Apple’s Find My network to track the location of your belongings. When you attach an AirTag to an item, it sends out a Bluetooth signal that nearby Apple devices can pick up. This information is then sent to your iPhone, allowing you to locate your belongings on a map. With Precision Finding, your iPhone can give you haptic feedback and visual cues to help guide you directly to your lost AirTag.
A portable speaker is a great gadget for enjoying music or podcasts while traveling. It allows you to listen to your favorite tunes without using headphones.
Look for a portable speaker with good battery life, loud and clear sound, and a compact design.
A smartwatch is a versatile gadget that can help you stay organized and connected while traveling. It allows you to receive notifications, track your fitness goals, and even make payments without having to use your phone.
Look for a smartwatch with long battery life, water resistance, and useful travel features such as GPS tracking and translation tools.
These are some of the best travel gadgets for your next vacation. With the right gadgets, you can make your trip more comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable. Just remember
Be sure to check out our vlog The Go To Family. Connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest !